Toyota and Scion Navigation Updates Help
(Please Read This)
There are three types of Toyota and Scion Navigation Updates.
- DVD Updates. This a DVD which you insert it into your Navigation System.
- Micro SD and SD Cards. This type of update is stored on a Memory Card. Much like the card you might use with your digital camera or other electronic device. After purchase, you will need to take your SD Card and vehicle to an Authorized Dealer to have the updated applied.
- ACN or Activation Card Number. This is an authorization code used to update your navigation system. After purchase, you will need to take your ACN and vehicle to an Authorized Dealer to have the updated applied.
To assist with purchasing the appropriate disk for your system, please follow these steps.
A. First find the Radio Face Plate Number (on your Radio).
Your owner’s manual should have the instructions on this process as well. Here are some other methods as well.
- On many Toyota GPS map systems this information can also be found by pressing "Menu" and then the "DVD" button on the touchscreen. Other Toyota GPS systems display this information when you press the "NAVI" button followed by "Map Data" on the touchscreen.
- In older vehicles, find the system DVD Player in your vehicle. The navigation systems are either under the front seat, or behind the behind the navigation screen. Eject the existing DVD and see if the code is located on the disc. Press Menu + System option. Press Menu + Map DVD. As you can see, there are several ways to locate this information and it varies from model to model.
B. With the Face Plate number, Use This PDF file to locate determine the Type of update you will need.
C. Click the Product link below and follow the directions to order your Navigation Update.